Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why?

I don't understand why everything has to be so hard, so painful. So much suffering... when is it enough? Even when everything else is ok, the sharp pain in the depths of my heart won't let me forget that things will never be quite ok, and it's not going to end. The pain has no limit, no end in sight, for all of us. Everything we do, all the effort and heartache and struggle and fight- all it can do is make things just slightly better for a while, but nothing will ever be fixed. Every day the wounds are reopened, the pain refreshed, and our hearts reminded that the damage is permanent.

How could you do this to us, to those I love? I don't think I can ever forgive you...

My only hope is that maybe, someday, after everything is over and done, just maybe all the pain will be erased and the wounds healed and the years forgotten. Someday when it's all over...

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment