Saturday, February 19, 2011

Purposeful Cheer

I could use some cheering up; some lightheartedness and a pleasant day where I can go 24 hours without pondering the meaning of life, worrying about money/relationships/family, or stressing about the the state of the world and our country. One night without dreaming about terrorism, sinking boats, or tsunamis. A day when I don't feel guilty or angry or listless. My brain has gotten out of whack; I need to renew my mind or change my habits or snap out of it. Or find a purpose. Really, I think that's what it all comes down to- Purpose. I feel unguided and frustrated, and I need something to live towards (or for). Why is purpose so difficult to find? Maybe I'm looking too hard; maybe purpose is something that finds you when you quit looking for it. Hopefully, someday, I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment