Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friends

"From time to time, to remind ourselves to relax and be peaceful, we may wish to set aside some time for a retreat, a day of mindfulness, when we can walk slowly, smile, drink tea with a friend, enjoy being together as if we are the happiest people on Earth."
 Thich Nhat Hanh 



I find respite and peace in spending time with my friends. Having fun together is like therapy; my mind forgets about all the discouraging thoughts and I am just happy.  I enjoy these times together- meals, outings, casual relaxing moments just talking or watching a movie. I love those moments of pure joy without any thought of worries, when interaction itself is enough and answers aren't necessary. How wonderful to feel accepted; to reminisce about lovely times in the past, and make exciting plans for the future. Today I am grateful for my wonderful friends who bring happiness and light to my life. 

1 comment: